After 10,000 years of war, turmoil and destruction, the Imperium of mankind is on the brink of collapse and is besieged on all fronts by Xenos filth and blasphemous traitors. The Domain of the Emperor has been split asunder by Cicatrix Maledictux, the galaxy-spanning warp storm; stripping planetary systems of all life, through plague, mutation and Daemonic hellfire raining down from the skies.
Swarming Tyranids have devoured worlds leaving lifeless husks. Brutal Ork hordes have smashed sector after sector. Ruinous Traitor Legions have surged from their lairs, eradicating all that stands in their path on their route to eternal glory... or damnation.
The only shining light of hope that the citizens of the Imperium have are the newly founded Primaris Marines, genetically enhanced super soldiers. Clad in the improved Mk. X armour, wielding a weapon designed for warfare and perfected over countless millennia.
Led by the Emperor's finest son and Primarch, Roboute Guilliman, the Chapters of the Space Marines have declared the Indomitus Crusade, to strike back against the enemies Mankind. Bringing the fiery vengeance of Imperial law back to those systems that have fallen into darkness.
As the light of the Golden Throne flickers on the brink of eternal damnation, in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only War!
Learn to play Warhammer 40,000 8th edition with this 280-page Hardback book. An essential book for all fans of Warhammer 40,000, it contains the core rules and a host of advanced rules and different ways to play 8th edition Warhammer 40,000.
With a wide variety of rules, it allows you to play the games you want to play, including;
- The Core rules include three different ways to play: Open, Narrative and Match Play, with a combined total of more than twenty missions to choose from.
- The Advanced rules are a set of extra rules that allow you to personalise your gaming experience, including
- Organising your army into Detachments
- Using Command Points and Stratagems
- playing multiplayer battles
- Guidance for running campaigns
- Full rules for Cities of Death, Planetstrike, Stronghold Assault and Death From The Skies, each including its own specific mission
- One 280 page Hardback book supplied.